Advanced Enviro Septic
Conventional Septic Systems have been the most common on-site effluent disposal system in Australia with the 1st system installed in Adelaide in 1906.
It is still recognised as the simplest and most cost effective option with the exception of its Achilles heel being progressive failure. (The blocking of the receiving soil with suspended solids and dead biomat).
During the 90s the 1st AWTS system was introduced. The perception that the engineering of a complicated mechanical system would improve the community health and environmental outcomes is being debated more and more as these systems age.
Councils play an important role in realising a good Community Health and Environmental outcome. Today, cost of living and affordability impact must be considered due to the major negative impact it is having on these important outcomes.
The Advanced Enviro-Septic now provides the opportunity for a long term, low cost and high quality community health and environmental outcome.
Over 100yrs of knowledge is applied in AS1547 and it is time to bring the SEPTIC BACK as the best option in all soil types with good land application design and installation practice. Progressive failure is a thing of the past with the Advanced Enviro-septic.
- The AES on-site treatment process uses a natural bacterial process to remove 99% of wastewater contaminants and ensure a potential system life of over 20 yrs. Watch the video
- The impact of system failure on quality of output experienced by AWTS system due to homeowner misuse is removed.
- AES Achieves Advanced Secondary quality water with no electricity or harmful chemicals.
- AES is approved and used in more Countries and National Parks than any other system in Australia.
- AES is made with significant quantities of recycled plastic with the components guaranteed for 20yrs.
- AES provides greater protection of soil and ground water by producing better quality treated water and removing suspended solids by retaining them inside the AES pipe where bacteria consume it as a food source.
- AES provides an integrated, controlled design and installation education process as well as Chankar Environmental’s procedure for checking all AES component designs and control of the supply chain to only AES certified Licensed Plumbers.
- Durable, non-biodegradable components that last indefinitely with a 20-year guarantee against manufacturing defects.
- Bacteria destroys 99% of all contaminants before it contacts the soil ensuring no replacement costs and no chemicals.
- Requires no servicing other than pump out of your septic tank depending on the amount of sludge build up. Most Councils and AS 1547-2012 recommend every 3 to 5 years.
- No expensive pumps, blowers or computer control boards are required. (Most of these items have a limited warranty of 12 months and when they fail home owners can be confronted with costs of up to $1000.00 to supply and replace a control board for example.) If they cannot afford this cost then they often resort to other methods of disposing of untreated effluent into the environment.
- NO ELECTRICTY costs. (Rotorua Council testing had AWTS systems that used $800 worth of Electricity per year.)
- AES is installed by licenced plumbers, which have completed the free AES certification course. Allowing homeowners to obtain several quotes ensuring they are getting the best value for their money at installation, with the best ongoing cost outcome and no risk of untreated effluent being discharged into the environment.
- AES is the same cost or less than an AWTS and no more expensive than a conventional septic to install.
- AES does not fail if you take a holiday or you have a power failure or accidentally turn the power off.
- Designers can complete the free basic AES certification course on-line.
- AES can be used for new and retrofit applications. Retrofit applications where septic tanks are separate from grey water. The classification of the water quality must be secondary as all testing for Advanced Secondary has been conducted with all waste through the septic tank.
- AES calculator. Design criteria from Site and Soil reports is entered into AES calculator, this provides checking data for Chankar Environmental and forms part of Councils Approval application process.